Round 1 of travel month! Destination: San Antonio!

Monday, May 24, 2010

Elizabeth attended her 2nd ever college graduation on May 8 in San Antonio. Chris Schraer (him and his family are long-time family friend of the Grohmanns) graduated from UTSA with a B.S. in Computer Science. Go Chris and good luck in Phoenix! The graduation ceremonies at UTSA are a well-oiled machine. Most definitely the shortest graduation ceremony EVER. 1:00 p.m. start time and we were back in our car exiting the parking lot at 2:46. No joke. Not that I'm complaining. With a toddler, the faster the better!
Elizabeth had the most fun at the after party doing cheese runs (grabbing cheese cubes of mommy's and daddy's plates, running off to play, repeat) and learning to shake hands with everyone around the room. Here she's playing with her new favorite toy - a roller coaster bead toy that was graciously set out by the hosts for her enjoyment.



The next day we celebrated Mother's Day with Mass followed by an appropriately themed lunch to Mama's Cafe, and cards, kisses and hugs. Elizabeth wore her "I love my Mommy dress" for the occasion. SO cute!

She also specially made me a beautiful card at school. On the front side she colored with crayon. On the inside her teacher helped her glue a hand giving the sign for "I love you" and she drew flowers as if the hand was holding them, and she wrote "I (heartshape) U," "Happy Mother's Day," and "Love, Elizabeth." On the backside her teached helped her glue a lovely poem entitled: "Happy Mother's Day" Means More.


"Happy Mother's Day" means more
Than have a happy day.
Within those words lie lots of things
We never get to say.

It means I love you first of all,
Then thanks for all you do.
It means you mean a lot to me,
And that I honor you.

But most of all, I guess it means
That I am thinking of
Your happiness on this, your day,
With pleasure and with love.

My heart just melted! Handmade cards from my sweet little one are the best! Even though her teacher helped with most of it, I'll always treasure it. Andrew also gave me a very sweet card and handwritten note that made me cry. He always knows what to write! Thank you for making this day very special! I love my family!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! She looks just like her daddy! So sweet!