Turning Schwenty-Nine

Sunday, March 29, 2009




I turned 29 today! Wow only one more year until I'm 30 and officially "old." Isn't it weird that this age seemed so old when we were little? According to my MIL Diane's calculations, I turned my forever age. Whenever your birthday matches your age, you'll always be that age. So I'll always be 29 since I was born on March 29th. Diane was born on the 21st, so she'll always be 21. It's a fun thing to do so we don't have to think we're getting any older.

Everyone at work kept asking me what big plans I had for the day. I kept telling them "I have a baby." I had to toss out the idea of wild partying a long time ago. But the weekend was still special. Diane was in town so she babysat Elizabeth on Saturday night while Andrew and I enjoyed a nice dinner out. I didn't realize this or plan it but we've gone to one Japanese restaurant or another every year now for a while to celebrate my birthday. I guess I just like Japanese food and sushi that much. This year was no exception. Andrew took me to a neighborhood fusion Japanese restaurant so I could get my sushi fix.

We had wanted to go see a movie afterwards but things just didn't work out. We had planned to eat dinner, then come home and bathe and feed Elizabeth and put her down, then go catch the movie. Well we had to sorta rush through dinner so we could get home in time. But by the time we got home, our nightly routine got started later than usual and Elizabeth got fussy and it was hard settling her down to go to bed. So we missed the movie. We instead did the next best thing by renting some movies from Blockbuster and watching them in the comfort of pjs on the couch. There are some big pluses to watching a movie at home I must say! But hopefully one of these days we'll actually get to a movie theater again. I love movie theater popcorn and the microwave kind just can't come close enough.

Tonight we celebrated my birthday with cake, ice cream and presents. Diane baked me carrot cake - yum! And I received some wonderful presents from my wonderful hubby. Course the biggest present of all was Elizabeth. I love my little one!

No comments: