Elizabeth's Wardrobe Changes

Monday, March 2, 2009




As promised, here are pictures of the other outfits Elizabeth wore the day of her baptism. Watch out Mariah Carey! (If you've ever seen MTV's Cribs, you'll know what I'm talking about - the woman went through a zillion different outfits!)
The last one is a cute little Feltman Brothers dress from Grandma Keillor. The first two show Elizabeth in a cute outfit from Grandma Grohmann.
Wonderful story - Grandma Grohmann got the little shirt, bloomers and bonnet as a gift when she was pregnant ... with ANDREW! Of course she had a boy and could not see herself putting the outfit (with all its lace and pink roses) on him. But she kept it in case she later had a baby girl. Instead she had 2 more boys! But she never gave it away, knowing someday a baby girl would be coming into the family. She passed the outfit onto me at my baby shower. I can't believe she saved it for 28 years!
Elizabeth looks so precious in everything. The second and third pictures are hilarious. She's really got in the habit of sucking her fingers (good - she can self-soothe, bad - I can't just take her hand away like I can do with a binky) and lately she's been getting a finger caught up her nose! Her latest thing is to constantly stick her tongue out and she usually puts whatever is close by up to her mouth. I predict she's going to try to put anything and everything in her mouth!

2 comments:

The Thomas Family said...

Picture number one is so beautiful!!! I'm so glad you're blogging now. I can't wait to see what's to come!

Savvy said...

Oh man. Are those the best candid shots or what!?!?! Elizabeth so beautiful and yet totally digging for gold. Love it!!!